Alright, I would like to recap here. Three of these eight women I have known my entire life. One since birth, one since preschool and one since I was nine which is basically my whole life, ya know. Two of these girls are my "littles" from my sorority and I don't really know a nicer way to say this other than I basically forced them to be my friends and somehow convinced them to like me. One of these girls is Mark's sister so, you know. One of these girls I hated from the first moment I met her and then somehow we stumbled onto a friendship. The last girl was the only person I feel like I had to truly like go through the friendship process with.
Ok, back to my point. All of my close friends are either from my sorority which ya know, we paid for each other so we are just trying to get our money's worth OR I have known them my entire life. Ok so I am just sitting here, stalking this girl's twitter and here is the dialogue in my head:
- Wow man, I want to be best friends with her but how do I go about that?
- Do I just like say... "Can we be best friends?!" Ugh, but I hate girls that say that.
- Ok, maybe I will just like meet her in a group setting somehow and suggest we hang out later in another group setting.
- But then how do you transition from group setting friends to individual BFFS?
- I already follow her on like every social media. What more do you want from me, girl!?
- I'm starting to sound lesbian. I just want some friends, k!
- That friend tinder (Finder, TM) is starting to sound like a really good idea right now.
- Oh crap, I just remembered how awkward I am.
Honestly, I think finding a solid friend is way harder than dating. I never was any good at dating so I wouldn't really know, but I assume it's harder. Girls tend to want to stick in their friend group. They will be acquaintances with other girls but I feel like no one is going out of their way to find their new BFF.
I also feel like I am one of those "acquired taste" people? Like my humor is really strange, I am sarcastic all the time, and mostly I feel like I have no filter until I start feeling more comfortable around someone. That seems backwards but alas, it's true.
For example, I have been in college for almost six years after this next semester and I only started making friends with the people in my program a year ago. A YEAR AGO! That is so pathetic and now that I know how awesome they are it makes me sad I didn't open up sooner.
Aaaaannnnnywaaaaays my point is I am not a loser, not in super dire need of friends, but I wouldn't hate some fresh blood in my life, ya know?
Ok, that was probably the creepiest thing I have ever said. I'm done. Have a good night people!